VA-ROL Archives

September 2010

VA-ROL@LISTLVA.LIB.VA.US

From:
"Adams, Barbara L." <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Virginia Records Officer's Listserv <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 9 Sep 2010 11:51:33 -0400
Have records management guidelines been established for web-site
retention?  We have multiple archives of past versions of the County
website dated 2007-2009.  How long must these files be retained and in
what format? Basically, we'd like to figure out if they need to be kept
or if they should be destroyed - or if it doesn't matter.

These archives contain files (text pages, images, and documents) that
were on the County web server at the time that the archive was made. The
files may or may not have been available to the public via the County
website. The archives were manually created for backup purposes and any
(unknown) records retention requirements that were in effect at that
point.

Thank you so much for your help!

Barbara Adams

Administrative Assistant