From:
Daniel Morrow <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 3 Sep 2007 23:00:56 -0400
As a point of reference:

The latest Wikipedia entry on genocide . . .

Genocide is the deliberate and systematic destruction of an ethnic,
religious or national group. While precise definition varies among
genocide scholars, the legal definition is found in the 1948 United
Nations Convention on the Prevention and Punishment of the Crime of
Genocide (CPPCG). Article 2 of the CPPCG defines genocide as "any of
the following acts committed with intent to destroy, in whole or in
part, a national, ethnical, racial or religious group, as such:
killing members of the group; causing serious bodily or mental harm
to members of the group; deliberately inflicting on the group
conditions of life, calculated to bring about its physical
destruction in whole or in part; imposing measures intended to
prevent births within the group; [and] forcibly transferring children
of the group to another group."