VA-ROOTS Archives

February 2004

Date:
Fri, 27 Feb 2004 09:06:32 -0800
Brent Tarter wrote:
Inasmuch as the Library of Virginia is the busiest of all the research
libraries that family history researchers with Virginia connections
visit, it is certainly an appropriate place for the deposit of such
records.
---

Thanks for posting, Brent. Certainly the LVA is a rich repository for
information about our Virginia ancestors. I only wish I were nearer, so I
could use it more.

One further question: Do you accept electronic media? I have a database of
more than 10,000 people (not just collected off the Internet without
documentation!), of whom about 3/4 are Virginians. My sources are cited.
If the LVA would find it of use, I would be glad to send it on a CD,
either as a GEDCOM or in Reunion format (preferable because much more
comprehensive, but not readable by Windoze machines).

If LVA doesn't want electronic files, and if my children don't want to
continue my work, I will consider donating my extensive paper files when I
die.

Kathleen Much