VA-ROOTS Archives

November 2009

Date:
Mon, 9 Nov 2009 10:33:41 -0500
Go to

http://www.lva.virginia.gov/public/local/results_all.asp?CountyID=VA113

See
reels 101-102 Court Minute Books covering 1870-1880
reels 112-113, Chancery order books 1866-1880
reel 202 Fiduciary bonds

One cannot be a guardian without a court order.  Census says age 8 (born 1
Jun 1871-31 May 1872).  Not certain when child made a ward, but before the
census taken.

Guardianship relates to property, meaning that the child had property of
some sort.  Find the source of the property and you might find the parent.