VA-ROOTS Archives

August 2009

From:
Poldi Tonin <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 24 Aug 2009 19:27:42 -0500
Jim:
As the administrator of the Langford/Lankford DNA project, I am in total
agreement with your advise to have the 67-marker test. It is the best money
one can spend. Someone you match may have a better paper trail than you and
can share material to assist in finding your common ancestor.

We have also discovered thaf families of the same surname living as
neighbors were not related and now 200 years of kinship is being rewritten.
The haplogroups were very different with one family group being a very rare
group as opposed to the familiar R1b1 of most of Europe.

Of further intrigue is that we also have a match with two related men of a
different surname and are trying to find the cause of the parental mystery.

After reading Albion's Seed, I feel that one of the Langford men done it.
If anyone has not read this excellent study of Colonial America and
especially Virginia, you will profit from a purchase of this book. I have my
copy dog-eared and refer back to it often.

Another good read, which may still be on-line is the Secret Diary of William
Byrd. That man did go visting.....!

A study of society in 1600, 1700 and 1800 helps to understand our ancestors
in their time and place.

Now we are all saving gobs of money by not travelling a road to nowhere.
Poldi

--

"She is insane, of course. The family history has become a mania for her."
Hercule Poirot

http://www.FrontPorchRockerNews.blogspot.com

http://www.familytreedna.com/public/Langford
This project includes Lankford spelling also.

"Truth and reason are eternal. They have prevailed. And they will
eternally prevail; however, in times and places they may be overborne
for a while by violence, military, civil, or ecclesiastical."
--Thomas Jefferson Thomas Jefferson, 1810