VA-ROOTS Archives

December 2007

From:
Lee Anne Center <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Lee Anne Center <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 30 Dec 2007 13:34:52 -0500
James Bland and Idia Dawson's 31 July 1813 marriage license/certificate has
Abraham Peters cosigning with James. Has anyone researched Abraham? I'd be
interested in what you've learned.

I noticed that there is a puzzling family tree on Ancestry.com that lists an
Abraham Peters (b. 1752 Augusta/Rockingham Co. VA; d. abt. 1814 Washington
Co. VA) who married wife 2 Elizabeth Waide on 25 Oct. 1813 in Monroe Co. VA.
However, if this particular Abraham Peters died about 1814, he could not be
the father of the child listed for him - Catherine Peters - as she was b. in
1820 in Monroe Co. VA. So I have to ask, was this a younger Abraham Peters
who married Catherine Peters?

I am interested in learning more about the Abraham Peters that cosigned with
James Bland on James' marriage license and if the Abraham Peters who married
Elizabeth Waide is a different one, about him. I have Ancestry.com, so I am
in the process of looking for source records and family tree information
about him there, but as you can see some of the trees contain contradictory
information.

Lee Anne