VA-ROOTS Archives

February 2008

Date:
Sat, 2 Feb 2008 10:48:39 EST
My brick wall is Stephen T. HAMBLIN who was born about 1791. He died a
pauper in March 1866 in Giles County. The county purchased a casket for him. I
have no idea where he is buried. I do know this:

He married Rhoda ?(I think the surname was "Young" but no proof) about 1812
and had 8 children. They are:
Thomas H. Hamblin, David Young Hamblin (who became wealthy and owned lots  of
property), Milly Hamblin, Stephen W. Hamblin, Jr., Charlotte hamblin, Nancy
Hamblin Sparrel K. Hamblin, and Lot I. Hamblin who died in Confederate Service
 in 1862. Rhoda died about 1838 unknown where or where buried.

Stephen T. Hamblim married a second time to Sarah L. Fagg a daughter of
Daniel Fagg and Hannah Bowles.They were married September 10, 1840 and proceeded
to have 7 more children. They are: Elizabeth Hamblin, Virginia Hamblin, James
Henderson Hamblin (my great grandfather), Silas M. Hamblin, Eley Hamblin,
John  Pearis C. Hamblin, and Lucy Hamblin.

I would appreciate any information you can give me on any of these people
and I would be especially appreciative if someone can give me Rhoda's surname
with proof.

I look forward to any help with these Brick Walls I have had for almost 50
years.

Carlisle Bowling

48)