VA-ROOTS Archives

February 2010

From:
Tim Spradling <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 24 Feb 2010 09:46:00 EST

Am looking for any information on David SPRADLING that appeared in the 1840
 VA Census in Lexington in Rockbridge County, VA, as well as the Personal
Property Tax (PPT) Listing in 1841. He had been living in Albemarle County,
VA in the 1830s. He was in Rockbridge with his Wife, Julia BECKs, Son  Alex
10 and Daughter Mary, just born in Rockbridge (information from the  1850
VA Census where she is 10 and living with her Aunt, David's  Sister, in
Albemarle).

Perhaps David and family were heading out West on the James River  -
Kanawha Turnpike, but I never find him again (PPT, Land Tax, Deeds,  Wills, Court
records, etc.). David's Wife and two Children, Thomas, my  Great
Grandfather, and Susan, are in Albemarle in the 1860 VA Census, all  identified as
SPRADLINGs. If I can find David alive in 1848,  when Thomas was born, I can
prove I am really a SPRADLING.

Thanks, Julius (Tim) Spradling