VA-ROOTS Archives

September 2002

From:
Janet Hunter <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Fri, 27 Sep 2002 15:22:36 EDT
Jim,

Thank you for your response.  Another researcher has made up for my faulty
notetaking of a couple of years ago.  This is the location of the Chapel John
Bentley served I am looking for, we are only guessing it is in what is Amelia
Co:

""Upon petition of John Bently it is agreed by the vestry that he officiate
as Sexton for the Flat Creek Chapple when finished.  '  This at vestry Feb
26, 1732 which also says the Chapple 'be built on Mr. Cobbs Land near Flat
Creek for the conveniency of the upper inhabitants of this parish .. [same
dimensions etc] with the first Chapple built at Nummisseen."

Anyone's thoughts are welcome.

Thanks again,

Janet Hunter