VA-ROOTS Archives

December 2002

From:
Patte Wood <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Patte Wood <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 14 Dec 2002 18:06:11 -0500
Jennings, where are you?

I received an email today from Jennings Radar with information on the line of Abraham Bailey.  I replied with some additional information but the email bounced saying the mailbox is not active, so I'm putting the information here and also looking for other Bailey researchers.

Thanks,

Patte Wood

>Children of Temperance COCKE and Abraham BAILEY are:
>i.  Roger Cocke BAILEY was born 1727 in Henrico Co., Virginia, and died abt. >1785 in Campbell Co., Virginia.  He married Mary RENNARD.  She died in 1777 in >Henrico Co., VA
>ii.  Henry BAILEY was born 1719
>iii. Joseph BAILEY was born 1725
>iv. Peter BAILEY
>v. Temperance BAILEY
>vi.  Abraham BAILEY
>vii. David BAILEY
> SNIP <

Jennings,

Thanks for your email.
I don't know if I asked you before if you have any more Bailey information,
but I have been trying to sort out some Bailey's in my files.  I'd
appreciate it if you could pass this on to other Bailey researchers.

I have a Thomas Bailey, born 1760 in Henrico Co. who married first Milly
Clark and then Temperance Bailey in 1794 in Campbell Co.  I have Temperance
Bailey's parents as William and Marah? Bailey.

I have a Glassery Bailey who married Carlos Wood in 1798 in Charlotte Co.
with the father possibly David or William Bailey who died before 1798 and
the mother Mary or Nannie.  The marriage for Glassery says her mother is
Nannie and the marriage for Elizabeth (betsy) Holt says Mary.  Glassery
Bailey Wood seems to disappear after 1820. Carlos and Glassery had four children named Mary Vernon, Thomas Epperson, Joseph B. and William E.  I have found that Glassery is the name of a town in Argyll, Scotland.

Thomas Bailey, who married Temperance Bailey, was the surety on the
marriage of Carlos and Glassery.  I also have a copy of a letter written by
Carlos in 1828 to his daughter which says:

"Your Grandmother [Nannie Bailey?] are still alive & are yet Aliving with
your Aunt Tempe Baley, your aunt Polly Harris Deceased about two weeks ago.
And I suppose she was a christian she was baptised last fall.  And your
Aunt Tempe baley & besty holt was both baptised."

Thanks,

Patte Wood