VA-ROOTS Archives

October 2006

From:
Paul Drake <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Paul Drake <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 8 Oct 2006 09:05:49 -0500
Hi, Larry and Kelly, and all others who responded to my question re "F.L.T."  As many of you have reminded me, it was and is the symbol for the IOOF (International Order of Odd Fellows) a fraternal association of men.  Though the group was, and remains vigorous, active, and open to all men of good character, it was thought to be more needed in the last half of the 19th Century.

I must have had a complete loss of consciousness/memory, since my G-GFather was a member for years, and I have his lapel pin bearing that symbol, as well as a photo from 1905 showing him and the men of the group of which he was a member in Ohio.

Thanks, again, to all.   Paul