VA-ROOTS Archives

August 2004

Date:
Sun, 22 Aug 2004 07:20:11 -0500
>This is funny; though I lived all of the FDR years, I did not =
know/remember that...............    hahaha

I take it you didn't grow up on a dairy farm in Wisconsin where it's
bemoaned annually ever since....and the first election *I* remember was
Eisenhower's, sitting there at Gram's - cross-legged on the floor in
front of the TV (!) while the snow kept piling halfway up the windows and
the mailman came in & sat with me for a while to watch it & get out of
the blizzard and Gram made us hot chocolate.  (No I didn't....the
schoolhouse was only two (2) 'blocks' away and it only took me a couple
of minutes rain, snow, sleet, or hail but it was closed that day anyway
due to the snow.)

PS Paul, did anyone have a URL to a map of the old parishes?  I have one
somewhere, (an actual map) that is,  for the ones in Virginia which I
could scan and send by attachment, but it would necessitate me cleaning
my room in order to find it - and the scanner <iii_iiii>

For you I would do it though, in thanks for all the help you've given me.
Cynthia in Wales, Wisconsin

.