VA-ROOTS Archives

September 2002

From:
Scott Simpson <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Thu, 19 Sep 2002 03:53:55 -0700
Can anyone enlighten me one two questions regarding "The Douglas
Register, Being a Detailed Record of Births, Marriages and Deaths
Together with Other Interesting Notes, as Kept by the Rev. William
Douglas, from 1750-1797"?

First, I know that Reverend Douglas served in St. James Northam Parish,
and that that parish is said to have been coextensive with Goochland
County.  Was this parish entirely within Goochland, or did it cover
parts of surrounding counties as well?

Second, did all of the christenings and marriages in the Douglas
Register occur within St. James Northam Parish, or did Rev. Douglas
travel around and perform christenings and marriages in other areas as
well?

Thank you!

Scott