VA-ROOTS Archives

November 2012

From:
JL Schulman <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 26 Nov 2012 11:21:31 -0800
I have done oral history interviews in Page County which includes some of the land taken for the Park. As I am focused on those who attended the one-room schools in the footprint of the Park, these former residents are now 80+ years of age. The pain of the removals - the loss of place, of community - is still as harshly felt today, even more than 70 years on.

Lynne Schulman
Fairfax, VA