VA-ROOTS Archives

July 2003

From:
Madaline Preston <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Tue, 8 Jul 2003 14:05:38 -0400
At the risk of being reprimanded or ignored I am blundering

ahead to post a query to the VA LIST.  I invite others to

join me.

Most of this info below is from wills, marriage registers.

Some from other researchers that has not been proved by me.

If you use any of the following please do independent

research to verify your data.

1.  John Clark of "Clark's Mountain" m. Mary Towles c.

1765.  He was the son of William Clark and Ann James.

2.  John Clark had a brother REUBEN (1743-184) who m.

Bathsheba Sampson and a nephew, REUBEN (1766-1820) who m.

Martha E. Clark (cousin).  He also had a son, REUBEN T.

Clark.

3.  John and Mary CLARK had 9 known children:

William m. Lucretia Clark (cousin)

Mary m. Thomas Wells

Henry Towles m. Ann Gristy (sp?) and Eliz. Smith

Jane m. Fleming Turner

Sarah m. ____Beckman

James m. Eliz Murphy

John b. c. 1770

Abner

Lucy

Reuben T.

Edmund

4.  I am trying to prove that Reuben T., child of John and

Mary, relocated to Frederick Co., VA where he married

Susanna SUDDETH in 1795.

5.  Also in Fred. Co. (per 1850 census) there was an Abner

CLARK, age 77 (b. c. 1773) who had m. in 1805 Isabella Wear

CLARK, age 70  and from marriage registers...John CLARK who

m. in 1799, Ruth Booth and in 1796 there was another

marriage of John CLARK to Sarah Jacobs.  (Two different

Johns??)

6.  Co-incidence?  Out of 5 unaccounted for children of John

and Mary Clark, the same names of three sons show up across

the mountain in Fred. Co. who are in the same age bracket…at

least marrying-wise.

Obviously I am desperate.  Anyone familiar with the above

who would help me out here?

Mitzie

Madaline H. Preston

Madaline H. Preston