At the risk of being reprimanded or ignored I am blundering
ahead to post a query to the VA LIST.  I invite others to
join me.

Most of this info below is from wills, marriage registers.
Some from other researchers that has not been proved by me.
If you use any of the following please do independent
research to verify your data.

1.  John Clark of "Clark's Mountain" m. Mary Towles c.
1765.  He was the son of William Clark and Ann James.

2.  John Clark had a brother REUBEN (1743-184) who m.
Bathsheba Sampson and a nephew, REUBEN (1766-1820) who m.
Martha E. Clark (cousin).  He also had a son, REUBEN T.
Clark.

3.  John and Mary CLARK had 9 known children:
William m. Lucretia Clark (cousin)
Mary m. Thomas Wells
Henry Towles m. Ann Gristy (sp?) and Eliz. Smith
Jane m. Fleming Turner
Sarah m. ____Beckman
James m. Eliz Murphy
John b. c. 1770
Abner
Lucy
Reuben T.
Edmund

4.  I am trying to prove that Reuben T., child of John and
Mary, relocated to Frederick Co., VA where he married
Susanna SUDDETH in 1795.

5.  Also in Fred. Co. (per 1850 census) there was an Abner
CLARK, age 77 (b. c. 1773) who had m. in 1805 Isabella Wear
CLARK, age 70  and from marriage registers...John CLARK who
m. in 1799, Ruth Booth and in 1796 there was another
marriage of John CLARK to Sarah Jacobs.  (Two different
Johns??)

6.  Co-incidence?  Out of 5 unaccounted for children of John
and Mary Clark, the same names of three sons show up across
the mountain in Fred. Co. who are in the same age bracket…at
least marrying-wise.

Obviously I am desperate.  Anyone familiar with the above
who would help me out here?
Mitzie

Madaline H. Preston

Madaline H. Preston