VA-ROOTS Archives

November 2007

Date:
Fri, 16 Nov 2007 18:34:21 -0600
First, thanks to Erin , anyone whose user name is "Rubberdukies" must be
avery  happy person.  You gave me a smile.
I have been lurking for many weeks on this mail list hoping someone will
query James King who was probably born in Virginia sometime between 1770 and
1793 as his wife, Elizbeth Clemen(t)s was born in the latter year in
Virginia.  Her father was Gershom Clemen(t)s. James and Elizabeth were
married in Livingston Co. Ky in 1811.  James King died in Pope Co., Illinois
in 1839.  My dna results have pointed to two people who were both
Virginians.  A tri-racial gentleman who matched my King line 23/25 and whose
family is from Surry Virginia, and whose family continues to own land there
to this day....and a very young  King/caucasian male from N. Carolina who
matched our dna 37/37 markers and is descended from a Henry King of Virginia
who migrated to N.C. in the late 1700's.  This young man's tests were paid
for by another gentleman who thought they were descended from the same
line...they were not and you know the rest of the story.  Does anyone
research a colonial King family who lived near Surry?   James King had
children who married Armstrong, Finney, Sutherland.  His daughters had the
middle names of Myrick, Young and Williams.. He had three sons , Jeremiah
and Joseph who died young and my ggg-grandfather James Clemen(t)s King b.
1827 in Illinois married Lucinda White 1857.
I see many of these surnames in family profiles of Surry area and can't help
but wonder if they are related to my elusive James King.