VA-ROL Archives

April 2006

VA-ROL@LISTLVA.LIB.VA.US

From:
Thomas Wellman <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Virginia Records Officer's Listserv <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 14 Apr 2006 14:43:09 -0400
Everyone -

Good Day!  I want to announce some improvements to the Library of
Virginia's web-based General Schedules, available at:

http://www.lva.lib.va.us/whatwedo/records/sched_local/index.htm for
Locality General Schedules

and

http://www.lva.lib.va.us/whatwedo/records/sched_state/index.htm for
State Agency General Schedules.

The first improvement you will notice is that the schedules are now
offered in one format, Adobe Acrobat pdf.  These pdf schedules are
mirror images of the official, signed schedules that are on file with
the Library, not an html variation.  Adobe Acrobat readers are free to
anyone with a web connection, so if you can access these pages you can
access the schedules.  However, if you have any questions or concerns,
please do not hesitate to contact any of the Records Analysts at the
library for assistance - we are glad to help.

The second improvement is with our search option, which is available on
the index page. Instead of linking to html pages, the search now links
to word documents, which are themselves mirrors of the official
schedules and pdf pages.  For some, it may be easier to browse these
word documents when compared to browsing pdf files.  However, Adobe has
really improved their searching functionality, and one is able now to
copy selected text from adobe files as well.

These changes were made to improve the Library's service to all
government agencies, state or local, and we believe they will ultimately
make searching and accessing our schedules more efficient.

Please remember, if you had made bookmarks or links to our now defunct
HTML schedules, you will need to change and update those links.  We
sincerely apologize for any inconvenience this may cause, but we believe
the improvements outweigh any hassels.

Thank you,
Tom Wellman

J. Thomas Wellman
Records Analyst
Library of Virginia
(804) 692-3609

"In all things of nature there is something of the marvelous."
- Aristotle

To UNSUBSCRIBE, change options, or subscribe, please see the instructions
at http://listlva.lib.va.us/archives/va-rol.html
(If using Netscape, must have version 6.1 or higher to view the above page)