VA-ROL Archives

January 2008

VA-ROL@LISTLVA.LIB.VA.US

From:
"Judd, Amy (LVA)" <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Virginia Records Officer's Listserv <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 28 Jan 2008 12:15:47 -0500
The analysts at the LVA have been making an effort to identify and
resolve duplicate, unclear, or "unusual" series in the state and local
General Schedules. As part of that, we were discussing "Vouchers" and
"Invoices" that are listed on both GS-102 and GS-02.

It seems that Accounts Receivable and Accounts Payable should cover any
and all invoices and vouchers. Is there a reason "Vouchers" or
"Invoices" should be listed separately in either schedule?

GS-102 Accounts Payable 012082
GS-102 Accounts Receivable 012083
GS-102 Vouchers - Agency Accounting Office Files 012155

GS-02 Accounts Payable Records 10143
GS-02 Accounts Receivable Records 10144
GS-02 Vouchers (Accounting) 10217

Additionally, Vouchers - Electronically Transmitted Requests for
Payments is only retained one year. We suspect that this is a holdover
from when electronic vouchers were new and unusual. We'd like to
eliminate this series because all vouchers should be kept for three
years or until audit, regardless of format.

We would appreciate any constructive input the list members may have
before we make such a change.

Sincerely,

Amy

Amy L. Judd
Records Analyst
Library of Virginia
800 E. Broad St.
Richmond VA 23219
Phone: 804.692.3601
Fax:  804.692.3603

To UNSUBSCRIBE, change options, or subscribe, please see the instructions
at http://listlva.lib.va.us/archives/va-rol.html
(If using Netscape, must have version 6.1 or higher to view the above page)