VA-ROL Archives

January 2005

VA-ROL@LISTLVA.LIB.VA.US

From:
"Palmer, Gerald" <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Virginia Records Officer's Listserv <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 19 Jan 2005 09:25:01 -0500
Bob,
Sorry for the delay in getting back to you yesterday.  I have two
employees, both out with the flu, so needless to say, the one-man band
was hustling yesterday in the VT Records Office.
 I am assuming from Mark's e-mail, that you were attempting to notify me
of the meeting today.  I really appreciate that.  Unfortunately, I can't
make it,  but I have heard from  nearly a dozen RMs around the state on
this matter, so I am sure someone will get over there to discuss the HB
1791.
  I really hope you encourage it's withdrawal at this time for two
reasons: first, it needs refined before it is subject to legislative
action and I know once enacted, it would be even harder to change, and
second, as you so aptly pointed out the, " real work will be in the
second year of our study, when the focus groups will help us flesh out
the changes to the VPRA.", I see no reason to NOT wait until then to use
the expertise amongst state records professionals to produce a
meaningful, adequately revised VPRA.
Looking forward to hearing the results of today's meeting from you and
hopefully an opportunity, along with other state RMs, to make formal
input to changes which are definitely needed in the VRPA.

Jerry Palmer
University Records Manager
Virginia Tech (0522)
600 Country Club Blvd.
Blacksburg, VA 24061
(540) 231-8320 ; Fax 1-6991
Common sense is instinct, and enough of it is genius.

To UNSUBSCRIBE, change options, or subscribe, please see the instructions
at http://listlva.lib.va.us/archives/va-rol.html
(If using Netscape, must have version 6.1 or higher to view the above page)