From:
Craig Kilby <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 3 Oct 2011 14:20:11 -0400
Fascinating study. If I tallied this up correctly (not tallying what the crimes were), and just for this page #38596 - #38636 (40 people) sometime in the 1930s:

9 white males
24 black males
3 white females
1 white female

I have a more than passing interesting in this topic since my father was Badge #11 in the Missouri State Highway Patrol, commissioned 01 October 1937, and he used to tell us kids stories of his chasing the likes of Bonnie & Clyde and other gangsters in that era. "Chasing" sounds exciting except that many patrolmen were killed in the process.  Gangsters have guns and know how to use them.

Craig