From:
James Brothers <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 11 Jun 2007 22:33:11 -0400
The Black Codes and the KKK were rather repugnant parts of our
history. That they were a logical response of the pre-Civil War power
brokers to reclaim their power makes it no less so.

It is difficult to understand how any society thinks it can fully
function when it excludes large portions of its population from
education and opportunity. This is equally true whether one does the
excluding on the basis of skin color, race, ethnicity, or sex.

James Brothers, RPA