From:
Anne Pemberton <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 27 Feb 2003 08:20:09 -0500
The two following quotes present the extreme views. Bill wants teachers to
keep history heroic, and Tom wants us to present all the nitty gritty. It's
not possible to keep both extremes happy.

The SOLs provide the framework that allows educators to walk through the
extremes and present a fair side of history to students.

                                 Anne

At 08:41 PM 2/26/03 -0500, Tom McMahon wrote:
>We Americans are so comfortable with the feel good American History it is
>part of why when you set out of our borders you feel the intensity of the
>hatred and apathy folks feel for us now.  Why don't we poitn out those
>delightful human flaws our great folks have, makes some all the more
>admirable and others all the more interesting.

>BBuser

>To subscribe, change options, or unsubscribe, please see the instructions
>at http://listlva.lib.va.us/archives/va-hist.html

Anne Pemberton

http://www.erols.com/stevepem
http://www.educationalsynthesis.org