From:
Alyson L Taylor-White <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 28 Nov 2004 13:34:43 -0500
A good source we are using at the Valentine Richmond History Center is Mary
Miley Theobald and Libbey Hodges Oliver's "Four Centuries of Virginia
Christmas," Dietz Press, paperback, 2000.  It contains great images and even
better footnotes, and could be a good start for you.  It also includes
descriptions of foods and decorations, as well as other customs.