From:
Anne Pemberton <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 21 Oct 2008 19:53:21 -0400
Lyle,

May I suggest some of my recent reading in addition to what I typically
discuss on this list.

1) "1491 - New Revelations of the Americas Before Columbus" by Charles G.
Mann. Take special note of the chapter on Norte Chico, but the likelihood of
a southern-origin migration is also mentioned in other sections of the book.

2) "The Farfarers" by Farley Mowat discusses in great detail the settlement
of the Albans (Scottish forebears) in Canada and share photos of the
foundations of their stone houses and lighthouses used to guide folks in and
out without being known to the Norse.

3) "The Basque History of the World" by Mark Kurlansky. Discusses in depth
the exploration of the fishing banks by a people who were without a country.
Also, in his book name "Cod", the same author discusses the North Atlantic
fishing grounds. The fact that these specific location were not widely
publicized is no reason whatsoever to give the credit for their discovery to
an unworthy man.

And, rather than presentism, I will let you check the record for the fame
and acclaim given Columbus during his lifetime.

Anne

Anne Pemberton
http://www.erols.com/apembert
http://www.educationalsynthesis.org