From:
qvarizona <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 9 Nov 2006 07:22:16 -0800
Well put, Lyle.

   I suspect that one reason for perpetuating
  the inaccurate tale is that it's easier to do  than to do the
  research and put together a story for children about Thanksgiving
  at Berkeley Plantation.

    --Joanne

"Lyle E. Browning" <[log in to unmask]> wrote:
  I cannot believe that a resident of Virginia is perpetuating the
historical inaccuracy that the Pilgrims had the first Thanksgiving.
Berkeley Plantation in Charles City had it, and this by proclamation
of none other than Pilgrim state resident President J. F. Kennedy.
The VA Thanksgiving is every bit as riveting as the johnny-come-
lately northern edition and without the slightest bit of
embellishment can more than hold its own.

Let's not promote inaccurate versions.

Lyle Browning