From:
Bill Crews <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 22 Sep 2009 06:12:53 -0700
as a side note, reference was made earlier to the origins of this ban in Canon Law. Under Catholic Canon Law (and I don't know how closely it comports to Anglican Canon Law) bars to marriage based on Affinity, as contrasted to those based on Consanguinity, were not absolute. They were allowed based on a case by case determination.