From:
Digital Heritage of Virginia <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Digital Heritage of Virginia <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 4 Mar 2009 14:17:58 -0500
A very good start.  As you know, relative to our Virginia, I wave the flag
adnausem of...

Preserve    Share     &     Celebrate

These folks have struck a major blow for "Share" by making the info
available online, which naturally leads to Celebration.

My interests are primarily WWI and WWII, and so I suggest for future topics.

- WWI - Base Hospital #45 - The McGuire Medical Unit in France.  There is a
book on the unit, but I have a diary that my father kept for the first
couple of months, that  I would be more than happy to share.  It is in PDF
format.

- WWII - German U-Boats off Virginia.  A wealth of info, and I believe a
reporter at the Norfolk Virginian Pilot is writing on this.  The Germans
conduct a service every year in November for the men of the U-85 who are
buried in the Hampton National Cemetery.

There is also a wealth of information at the University of Virginia, mostly
historical papers and books, and I would think that there is a terrific
opportunity for VFH to provide links to sites of interest.

Keep up the good work.

Randy Cabell  - DHoVA