Date:
Thu, 1 May 2008 20:44:34 -0400
If we don't stop this discussion I'm going to SCREAM!
How easy it is for us, here in the 21st century, with our hindsight and
enlightened sensibilities to condemn and judge.
May I dare say that just about any one of us, given the miserable
opportunity and the economic prowess, had we lived back then, probably would
have owned some slaves?
Are we so high minded that we can just sit here and slam away?
Judging is a sickening practice especially when the era and subject are so
far removed and we can conveniently apply today's morality to yesterday's.

DF Mills
York County,VA