From:
Leslie Katz <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 20 Feb 2019 08:07:19 -0600
I write again to thank all those who responded to my query on the above
subject.

I mentioned in one of my posts yesterday that I'd written a paper on the
introduction of jury sentencing in VA and that it had been that paper
that had led to my query.

Perhaps I should also mention that I'm a retired Australian federal
judge with no systematic training in writing history and that I wrote
that paper and many others that I've posted on the SSRN primarily in an
attempt to keep my brain active in retirement.

I realise that people may consider me a foolhardy interloper to have
tackled such a subject as the introduction of jury sentencing in VA,
probably boring in any event to anyone not a lawyer.

Nevertheless, I'd like the paper, written without the benefit of
consultation with experts in VA history except for yesterday's
exchanges, to be as good as it can be.

For that reason, I'd be extremely grateful if anyone were prepared to
read the paper and offer me their suggestions for improvement of it.

If you think that you might be prepared to do that, please write to me
and I'll immediately forward to you a copy of the paper in its current form.

Thank you again,

Leslie Katz

--

Leslie Katz

email: lesliek [at] mymts [dot] net

Please visit http://ssrn.com/author=1164057 to find hyperlinks

to papers that I’ve written on literary and legal topics