Date:
Wed, 20 Jun 2007 14:07:39 EDT
Juneteenth has been discussed at length in the forum, and as recently as
last Monday.

I don' t know of any reason a factual comment on a subject that has been
discussed in the past in this forum would be considered a "a transparent attempt
to wind up various folks on the list."

Or, are you suggesting that a factual comment that doesn't conform to the
current politically correct perspective on historic events is not welcome among
this distinguished group of historians since it would be considered "a
transparent attempt to wind up various folks on the list"?  Surely, I hope  not.

J South