From:
Randy Cabell <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Randy Cabell <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 27 Mar 2007 06:27:43 -0400
Blimey, those Brits are really touchy.  Of course the reviews make some interesting and points, particularly that Political Correctness has changed what should be a time to celebrate our heritage into a hodge-podge of self-serving issues.  I hear by the grapevine -- and it may be true or not -- that musical performers for the BIG weekend have been told NOT to play anything religious.  Well, at least the cross of St. George still waves over the three boats and The Settlement, uh... at least it did as recently yesterday.

I am sure that The Queen has seen worse.

I think that some years ago somebody coined the phrase that "Australia was not settled by virgins."  Thus Virginia, or our own West, or just about any place you can think of -- remember Jonestown?

It is now D-minus-45, and the one thing we can be sure of is that things will get worse by the middle of May.  So it helps to keep a good sense of humor, and relative to the history of Jamestown, and to history in general, continually refer to the Gospel According to St. Randy:

"It never was 'like it was......' "

Randy Cabell
The Trumpeter of Jamestowne - 21st century editition