From:
Randy Cabell <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Randy Cabell <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 29 Mar 2007 06:02:04 -0400
WOW!!!   Sounds like a best seller to me.  I can hardly wait for the movie.
I think it interesting that 'civilized' societies did not have a monopoly on
sex in the village.  I believe it was standard practice for a tribe to
present a nubile maiden to an honored guest for whatever his pleasure.
Samuel Eliot Morrison reports several instances in the late 15th century
where explorers were thought to be weird by the natives for refusing the
services.  I believe that it is he who also reports an entire tribe of
homosexual Natives in South America.  Also, I think I recall that the men of
the Corps of Discovery took advantage of the offers along the way, Lewis and
Clark excepted.

Interesting.

Randy Cabell