From:
Randy Cabell <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Randy Cabell <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 2 Dec 2005 15:53:21 -0500
All this is very interesting to me, and I hope informative to all the
readers, and at least at the moment has not descended into the morass of
verbal slings and arrows which we occasionally see.  Let's hope that
continues.

Back to the legend of goodness that surrounds Plymouth, I continue to wrack
my brain on the four reasons that Gov. Bradford gave for leaving Holland and
going to the New World, without ANY success on where I read them, or what
the four were.  But out of the mists of my mind, I seem to recall the first
reason he gave that they left Holland for the New World had to do with
perserving the community as a community which was beginning to be
infiltrated by foreign notions there in Holland.  And the fourth reason was
Religious Freedom.  I'm sorry I cannot pin it down any better, but maybe
somebody can find that document.

Randy Cabell