From:
Jeremy Boggs <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 10 Apr 2006 08:16:41 -0400
CALL FOR PAPERS: 2007 CONFERENCE OF THE CONSORTIUM ON THE
REVOLUTIONARY ERA (CRE)

The CRE is now a venue for both traditional revolutionary history and
comparative efforts, which often get overlooked. Sessions will focus
on Europe and other places, especially throughout the Atlantic world.

The 2007 conference will be the weekend of March 1–4, here in the
Washington area. We have already booked a brand new Westin in
Arlington, Virginia, easily assessable from the area’s airports, and
conveniently located next to the Metro, shops and restaurants.

The program committee prefers proposals for complete sessions (three
papers, plus a chair and a commentator). However, we will accept
proposals for incomplete sessions, and even individual paper
proposals. Session proposals should include name of presenter, title
of paper, and brief abstract (no more than one page single-spaced)
for each paper; and brief CVs (no more than 2 pages) for each
participant. The deadline for proposals is October 15, 2006. We are
looking for traditional presentations of new research, as well as
roundtable discussions. Proposals from doctoral students are welcome.

For more information on the Consortium, see our website, http://
revolutionaryeurope.org/. Please send proposals to Jennifer Lansbury,
Department of History and Art History, George Mason University, MSN
3G1, 4400 University Blvd., Fairfax, Virginia, 22030. Electronic
proposals should also be sent to Jenny at [log in to unmask] If you
have any questions, please feel free to contact her at the above
email, or call at 703-978-5143.

--
Jeremy Boggs
Web/Multimedia Associate