From:
Emily Rose <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 11 Oct 2005 11:06:22 +0000
According to the William and Mary Quarterly of 1911,
"Among the treasures at Lower Brandon on James River is the original patent
to Captain John Martin from the Virginia Company of London, dated 1617. This
is by long odds the most ancient official record relating to the American
soil to be found in the United States."

Could anyone tell me where this may be found? I thought Lower Brandon was
now a private house on the national register of historic places - it doesn't
seem to have a library.

Many thanks, Emily Rose
New Hall, Cambridge