From:
"Tarter, Brent (LVA)" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 10 Sep 2012 18:11:00 +0000
Insofar as I am aware, there are not muster rolls even for the militia of Hanover County in the 1770s, much less a list of the men who volunteered and acted entirely outside the ordinary militia system on that occasion. And Congress didn't recompense states for military actions taken in colonies that early, especially ones that were not authorized by anybody.

Sorry.

Brent Tarter
The Library of Virginia

Please visit the Library of Virginia's Web site at http://www.lva.virginia.gov