From:
Gregg Kimball <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 17 Oct 2001 12:42:41 -0400
Eric W. Rise's book, "The Martinsville Seven: Race, Rape, and Capital
Punishment" (University Press of Virginia, 1995), should provide the needed
information.  See especially pages 133 to 139 regarding the delegation (as
Rise calls it) that came to Richmond to appeal to the Governor.  He reports
that approximately 400 demonstrators came from more than 15 states.

Gregg Kimball