VA-ROOTS Archives

February 2013

From:
Patti Jones Schacht <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 11 Feb 2013 10:39:20 -0500
AGREE!!!   Back in the 50's one of our counties (not to be named) had a huge box of OLD marriage records thrown in the foyer, wind blowing inside, raind being tracked in, and a cousin of our family saw them, and was horrified!!  Our HISTORY slowly getting lost, trampled and destroyed!!

This person was a genealogist and took it upon herself to record in book form all the marriage records.  Pretty amazing!!

Things that aren't (seemingly) relevant, get stored away, sometimes never to be seen again!!