VA-ROOTS Archives

January 2012

Date:
Mon, 9 Jan 2012 14:15:56 -0600
Thank you, Bill...I found the following the other evening (please forgive
my rough transcription...it was late when I typed this out for my records!):

"Transcription of Lower Norfolk County, Virginia Records Volume One, Wills
and Deeds, Book D 1656-1666" by John A. Brayton

page 190 {190}:  "Upon ye peticon of Mr. Wm. MOSELEY A Certificate is
granted Unto him / for two hundred & fifty acres of Land proved dew by  his
oath / for ye transportacon of five persons into ye Collony Vizt
RICE JONES          ANDREW FRISBE    JOSEPH {--}
Wm COXCRAFT      ANN COMFORT
__________

page 237 {234}

Lower Norff:                ad y: 15th Novemb 1659

Mr JOHN PORTER Senr. high Sherr. is apointed Collector for this yeares
levies / of 442: persons as by ye severall Lists appeare, at 381 lb tob, ?
pole amounts unto ye some of           16796

Payments to bee made out of it as followeth
(many on the list) ..................
To RICE JONES for rowing 5 burgesses to town & his atendance 33 dayes at 10
lb     300

 ______________

page 369 {342a}

To Mr. NICHOLAS ALLEXANDER at the
Hare m pater noster Rowe

                                                              Recordatr: 16
die junij 1662
Know all men by these presents yt I REECE JOANES abovesd doe assigne & sell
over all my right title & intest / of thaforesd bill of sale unto THOMAS
VICESIMUS IVY

Test: BENJAMIN TRENNIMAN                                REECE R JONES
WILL: ROBINSON
Acknowledged in Cort: 16th day of Decemb4            Md: this bill of sale
was recorded ye 16th
1661  ? me Wm: JERMY Clicum                                        of/
Septr Ad: 1659
         Cur