VA-ROOTS Archives

October 2011

From:
nelhatch <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 7 Oct 2011 11:16:44 -0600
Carolyn,

Donald's response:

"My feeling about your case is that the family delayed taking the
inventory as long as they could.  Before Nancy married (in Jan. 1822)
there was no incentive to do it.  The children were all minors, living
at home with their mother.  If no one in the family cared, then it could
be put off."

My only thought about this is that it appears Donald's response was made before the post revealing that the original order for the Inventory and appraisal appears to have been dated around Sept 1819 and more than 2 years before the oldest child, Nancy, married. So in 1819 there appears to have been "no [obvious] incentive" to do it.

I've also had a private response from C Etter who provided the following:

Bozwell, Creed and Elizabeth Hatcher, dau. Mary, Oct. 31, 1821. Sur. John
Poindexter.

Note that Elizabeth is ID'd as the dau of Mary. I'm pretty sure if this was Elizabeth Jeter Hatcher, widow, she wouldn't be ID'd as the dau of anyone. I also have not a single reference in the voluminous notes on our file to any Poindexter. But neither are there refs to the Bozwell family.

It will also be a while before I can complete the 11 pages of transcribing on the Hawkins/Hatcher cnancery case...........

Nel

HATCHER website: http://hatcherfamilyassn.com
HALL DNA project:
http://freepages.genealogy.rootsweb.ancestry.com/~halldna/HDNAtest.htm