VA-ROOTS Archives

April 2008

From:
Mickey Fournier <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Mickey Fournier <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 25 Apr 2008 10:13:59 -0400
Actually, DNA is proving lots of suppositions wrong.  In one branch of my
family, two ladies have totally dominated the RootsWeb and Genforum boards
and the mailing list for the surname. They knew all about this family from
about 1670 in Virginia.  Lots of it just didn't ring true to me and some
others.  Well, lo and behold, DNA is proving that some of their supposed
brothers were not at all related...not even the same haplotype!  So it is a
double-edged sword for sure.