VA-ROOTS Archives

March 2008

From:
Sunshine49 <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Sunshine49 <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 20 Mar 2008 12:46:40 -0400
I have been unable to find out anything about the marriage of William
Cardwell and "Betty Brown, colored, of lawful age, Kitty Brown her
mother", in Henrico County, 17 November 1797. Were Betty and Kitty
Brown black, mixed, native American, what? There doesn't seem to be
any more record of them in Henrico, did they leave the area after
marriage?

thanks,

Nancy

-------
I was never lost, but I was bewildered once for three days.

--Daniel Boone