VA-ROOTS Archives

March 2008

From:
Margaret Beckwith <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Margaret Beckwith <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 16 Mar 2008 01:42:02 -0400
It was very nice to hear from you, George!

You have helped by confirming that this may be the church.

My late father's only living sibling, my Aunt Betty, who is 82 now, says
that she truly believes there was a church bearing the Kerr name somewhere
in that area.  I have spoken with her a few times this week and she
reiterates that she and her late husband visited the area and the church.

Do you think this name association with the church would be because it's
possibly on land that the Kerr family owned or donated?

I really do appreciate your input and information!

Margaret Kerr Beckwith
Elkins, West Virginia