VA-ROOTS Archives

June 2005

From:
Paul Drake <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Paul Drake <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 26 Jun 2005 19:06:16 -0500
Here are illustrations of the thorn written and printed and the crossed mp and thorn shown similarly.  I have had a tad of trouble with my on-line storage, so I hope these will open for you.  Paul

http://webpages.charter.net/pdd50/thorn.jpg
http://webpages.charter.net/pdd50/crossedpthorn.jpg

  Sent: Sunday, June 26, 2005 6:06 PM
  Subject: Re: [VA-SOUTHSIDE-L] Ye Elder

  I am looking forward to seeing the "thorn".  Also, reading the old English
  documents (wills, etc), using Ye, is interesting.  We are fortunate, my
  husband and I, to have several early ancestors of Colonial VA where these
  records were kept.  Audrey