VA-ROOTS Archives

June 2005

From:
Alice in Fluvanna <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Alice in Fluvanna <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 24 Jun 2005 10:25:11 -0400
Hi to the List

I am looking for proof or even suggestions as to the parents of Samuel
Fitzgerald and Laurilla/Lurilla Hite who were parents of George Pleasant(s)
Fitzgerald; b: 1857 in [?Augusta Co.] Samuel & Laurilla likely were married
ca 1851, possibly Nelson, Augusta or nearby.

Two Samuel Fitzgeralds are enumerated on the 1850 Nelson Co. census
as "Gerald"...these surnames are known to be Fitzgerald, and I wonder if
one of them is the Samuel I am seeking; however neither man is close to the
correct age.  One is 65 the other 25. They are close in proximity on the
census, which may indicate a relationship;one on page 283,the other page
284.  No Samuel is seen in Augusta for 1850.

The Samuel I am seeking is found on the Ancestral File; however, I believe
the information for his wife Lurilla is incorrect and that he had a wife
prior to Lurilla, with children from both.

I have found the submitter Lillian Meeks Robertson on some souces and
notes...her email address is not current.

If anyone has any info or clues, I would enjoy hearing from you.  I have
access to all census resources, so that is not what I need.

Thanks
Alice in Fluvanna