VA-ROOTS Archives

February 2005

From:
Paul Drake <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Paul Drake <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 1 Feb 2005 10:32:52 -0600
Hey, all you who know about early farming, here is a partial Alabama 1862 inventory.  What are "stocks and hoes", please ?  I know what "hoes" are, of course, but do not understand "stocks" in this context, and very much believe they were not speaking of my John Deere stock.  haha

Thanks much.  Paul

'1 chest tools, 1 Broad Axe, 1 set Plows, Hoes & stocks, 1 set irons'