VA-ROOTS Archives

February 2005

From:
Shelley Murphy <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Thu, 24 Feb 2005 16:32:17 EST
Greetings is anyone familiar with a plantation or slave owner with the
surname of Brand in Richmond or in the area of Richmond. My great great grandmother
is Mildred Brand from Richmond according to a document we have, who was
believed to be a slave, born abt. 1824 in Richmond. She did leave VA and appeared in
Franklin County PA 1850 census married to William Davis, with son Joseph B.
born in PA and James B.(born 1849 in Shippensburg PA) We are not sure if son
Joseph is her son born in 1838 or William Davis's son. Any help on the Brand
family would be appreciated. Thank you.
Shelley
Charlottesville

Know your Roots, they are Long and Strong..

http://hometown.aol.com/__121b_cBXgAm48zBsVKCIn8GCRHRae/fnQDiYYjZOJc4sG+/U=