VA-ROOTS Archives

February 2005

From:
Janet Hunter <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Wed, 23 Feb 2005 14:33:34 EST
 Hello Everyone,

I have been given two different locations (current map) for the following
marriage said to have taken place in St. Paul's Parish 1765.  The locations are
Hanover County and Stafford County.   Given the geographic distance between the
two counties, I'd really like to figure out where it was.  I am also curious
if anyone is a Bussey researcher.   There is a William Bentley who died in
Wilkes Co. GA 1791/2, with wife Jane and underage son Balaam.  In Lincoln Co. GA
in 1816, a Balaam Bentley writes a will with a William Bussey as a witness.
The above wife Jane has been given a variety of surnames, most often Jane
Hammond per an Onslow Co. NC marriage in 1777.

Here is the marriage reference:

BENTLEY, William m. Mar 14,1768 Jane BUSSEY St. Paul’s.

Source:  Marriages of Some Virginia Residents

Thanks in advance,
Janet (Baugh) Hunter