VA-ROOTS Archives

February 2005

From:
First Families <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
First Families <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 14 Feb 2005 12:00:04 -0800
Hello Everyone:

Those of you who are working on your lines back to your 1600s American
Ancestors will find the 1600s Ancestors Data Base to be of great help.

I have recently posted several hundred new Ancestors to the Data Base
bringing the total to over 29,000 entries both men and women.

Also listed are several National Societies who have proven many of the
Ancestors you will find here. There are also a few new Reference Works
that contain many more lines.

The entries are coded to indicate to which Society or Reference Work has
at least one of their proven lines. Several of the National Societies have over
20 different lines from a single Ancestor.

WHEN YOU ENTER THE 1600s ANCESTORS DATA BASE be sure to look at the
top of each data page for the link that takes you to the "Data Base
Information Page".
There you will find the list of codes and how to use them. This is MUST
reading if
you are to understand the Data Base and how to use it.

We are constantly updating the Data Base with Additional Ancestors and